Monday, July 25, 2011

Is this normal?

Porter is a hoarder. I hate to say it, but he is. He collects things from all around the house and stashes them behind the subwoofer (did you know that's how it's spelled? I had to look it up just now-- never written that word before. interesting.).

Brian and I slowly started noticing that things were disappearing, then one day Brian caught Porter throwing something back there. When he looked, there was a whole mound of objects. Since then, we've been cleaning out his "stash" every couple days. We find all sorts of things: goldfish crackers, remote controls, toothbrushes, toys, keys, shoes . . . basically, anything that Porter finds interesting and small enough to fit. From now on, if we can't find something, that's usually the first place we look.
As I was taking this picture, he took the Nikon lens cover and threw it into his pile. Sneaky kid!


Sadly, though, I'm pretty sure he has another "stash" somewhere that we haven't found yet. There are LOTS of things disappearing around here.

9 comments:

Charity Brown said...

haha. that is awesome!

Anonymous said...

He's so funny and quiet about it! This post makes me smile!

landofnyedom said...

LOL. That's hilarious! :)

The Peterson's said...

That is funny because it is not me missing things! He is such a cute kid!

Jenn said...

haha! that is hilarious. Our boys never had stashes that big, but they did have a place were they would hide things from us. Too funny. :)

The Hunzikers said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is soooooo funny! What a little ham!

Michelle Ogden said...

Check the garbage bin...

Dani said...

That is hilarious! What a cute kid!!!

The Congers said...

Oh man that is funny!!!