Once upon a time, I wished that Porter would show some interest in drawing or coloring. I bought him twistable crayons, put a special notebook full of paper permanently on his playroom table, and carried coloring supplies to and from church each week. But he never cared to even try. On the rare occasions when he would humor me, I would watch painfully as he would drag the capped end of a pen across the paper, then give up because nothing came from it.
Now fast-forward a couple months-- the crayons are put on a high shelf and pens/pencils left within reaching distance cause a big debate over who is at fault for being so careless.
Yes, Porter now loves to color. The walls, the furniture, the mirrors, our clothing, his skin; everything shows evidence that Mommy's wish came true. Yikes!
4 comments:
Hooray for an update! I have been wondering about you. Porter has gotten so big!! I can't wait for the day I find crayons on the walls...oh wait, yes I can. They grow was too fast!
he's so old suddenly!
He sure has grown up...CrAzY!
He is the sweetest little guy! This post made me smile!!! We love you all and miss having you closer!
Post a Comment