If you know me well, you'll know that loving Utah doesn't come naturally to me. I often find myself focusing on the things I don't like about it. But really, there are lots of great things about this place and I'm trying hard to focus on those. So if you see an increase of overly complimentary posts about Utah, just know it's all in an effort to force myself to love where I live. I am determined.
I took the kids last week to one of the places I love: the byu duck pond.
Campus will always be a favorite place of mine. Great memories, for sure. But I love all the trees and manicured lawns and well-kept flower beds and beautiful buildings.
Summertime here brings green. And I love green.
These kids loved the ducks.
And the ducks loved them.
We all agreed that we would take all the cute little ducklings home with us if we could. Is there anything cuter than ducklings? Oh my!
The kids didn't want to leave. Neither did I.
Yes, we are lucky indeed to live near such a duck pond as this. :)
1 comment:
I understand. Only the opposite. I miss Utah. I miss being able to see the sun come up over the mountains or set over the Salt Lake. I love/hate summer thunderstorms. I miss the flatness. :) It is beautiful here in WA though, especially in the spring. Trying to find the positive, but miss the comfort of home.
Post a Comment