Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Moving Down

Tomorrow is my first "official" day back at school. I am now a 1st grade teacher! For the last 4 years, I've been teaching 2nd grade and loving it. But due to some changes being made at my school, I was given the choice of moving to 1st grade or doing a 1st/2nd split. The decision was pretty obvious to me!I spent the last month packing up my old room and moving to my new one. I'm a very slow cleaner & organizer-- but luckily Brian came with me today and gave me time limits to finish cleaning. Anything I didn't file or put away in it's place before my time was up, he actually threw away! That was pretty motivating! I'll have to have him come in regularly to keep me from piling things up!

Our back-to-school theme is from the book, "If you give a mouse a cookie." I had so much fun making my bulletin board-- the decorating is one of my favorite parts of teaching. At back to school night, I'm going to have a treat table with milk & cookies. So much fun!!

10 comments:

Cherie said...

I would've loved having you as a teacher Dana! Hope you're feeling great :)

landofnyedom said...

How cute! Why aren't you at our school again? You could've been Cassidy's teacher last year and Caitlyn's this year. :) Good luck with the new grade! Looks like you're off to a good start.

Emily said...

oooh, you're going to be the best first grade teacher ever. so fun! good luck!

Dan Sudweeks said...

Dana, Have a good year. I cant wait to hear about your students. I'm sure that they will love you.
Keep posting.
Love ya

Liz Morrill said...

What a CUTE mouse!!! you are so talented! have fun teacher 1st grade!!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

You're such a cute teacher! I love that book! Kaedan's in 5th grade this year and was supposed to be in a 5th/6th split and the class was canceled today due to so many kids going to charter schools and them not being over their size limit any more. He was kind of upset since he was up for the challenge. I'm glad you had fun shopping with the gals. I can't wait until our new little niece or nephew gets here! :)

The Hunzikers said...

I can't believe you are moving down to first!! You're brave! You are such a great teacher and given the choice of a 1/2 split, I would have gone down too. Good luck!! I can't wait to hear all about it! I love your idea of the cookies and milk too. You are adorable!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana that is our all time favorite book! I promise to come help a lot more this year. (after I get home from the cruise) Can I bake cookies for the back to school night? I would love to do that and help you! Your such a sweetie! The kids are so lucky to have you!! Brian needs to come over here and help me dejunk! UGH time to move so we can throw stuff away BUT We love our house!
Love you
Dad and Mom

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

You're such a cute teacher! I wish our boys would've had you. I have such a hard time throwing things away too. :)

Katie and Brad Judson said...

I am slow at cleaning and organizing to. You should of seen me tackling our crazy messy computer room. We got a new book case because my personal library has out grown the one book case so I would put things away and then take it all down and do it again and lets just say Brad watched the Batman Movie and I was still not done. But I love your Theme for your class this year. That is my favorite childrens book. oh and you are so on for hanging out while our boys are in school. Name the night and I am there. Love you sis.