Friday, September 24, 2010

state fair

Last Saturday we took Porter to his first fair! We kept it short & sweet. Really, all we did was see the animals, get some funnel cake, and then we were out of there! But it was perfect for a little boy who was cutting it dangerously close to bedtime. And, oddly enough, it was also the perfect amount of time for his parents, who are definitely not fans of crowded venues.



Porter's first funnel cake was also my first and Brian's first. We thought it was pretty good . . . once. Hopefully Porter agrees with that decision.

3 comments:

landofnyedom said...

You guys are nicer than us. We've never taken our kids. I hate crowds too. Cool you could go. :)

Emily said...

I LOVE funnel cakes. At least I thought I did, but when we went to the fair last year and got one I thought it was sort of gross. We didn't go back this year even though Isaac begged us to...it was just so hot last time, ugh.

The Hunzikers said...

Is it just me or is Porter looking more and more like Brian?? What a fun adventure!! Hope you're doing well juggling school and family! I still want to call and visit. We should get together next time I come down!