Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sick Day

I get to see my baby 2 hours each day. Usually I spend that time playing with him as much as possible. But for the past few days, I spent those two hours trying to lay on the couch or the floor while he played around me. As soon as my guilt passed, I became grateful for that quiet time to watch my baby play. I can't describe how adorable it is to watch him play with his toys while talking to himself in his own, high-pitched language . . . or see his eyes light up when his Daddy walks in the door. Maybe I should try to take more moments like that when I'm not sicker than a dog!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get better Dana! Can we help! It was cute hearing Porter say mama over and over Thursday! I likevto pretend it's grandma ma ma! He learned to say dog before grandma what's that all about LOL

Emily said...

Oh man! I hope you feel better, it's so hard working/mommying/being sick. But, a good reminder to be grateful for sweet babies.

Jenn said...

So sweet. He is such a cutie little guy.
I hope you're feeling better - you sure do have a full plate and I can't imagine how tough it can be.

landofnyedom said...

So sorry you aren't feeling good. Caitlyn & Carter both got strep this week. Fun times. Hopefully spring comes quickly and clears the air of all these sick germs. Get some rest!
Love ya!

The Drakes' said...

Sorry you are feeling crappy. Anything we can do to help?