Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

 We had a very busy Easter this year. I ordered Porter's Easter outfit online a couple months ago and didn't let him wear it until today. Luckily I snapped a few rushed pictures (like the one above) before we went to church because as soon as we were about to get in the car, Porter threw up all over his outfit, enough to require a whole wardrobe change! I guess letting toddlers eat Easter candy with their breakfast isn't such a great idea . . . we're still learning these things!

Church was wonderful- I love Easter Sundays! After church, Porter took an extra long nap then we headed to Brian's parent's for a family dinner & egg hunt . . .

 Porter hasn't quite grasped the concept of hunting for eggs yet. He'd grab the eggs happily- but then throw them on the ground or set them in a different spot. Brian & I were the ones mostly collecting eggs in his bucket.

 Easter family picture-- me trying to avoid getting kicked in the head!

 The annual cousin photo. Can you tell which way the sun was shining?

Dinner time!

 Brian's mom always decorates her house so beautifully for each holiday. I just have to capture it in pictures sometimes!

Isn't this cake amazing? Brian's mom had it made by one of Brian's cousins. So much talent!

Oh, and in case you were wondering . . . the Easter Bunny did visit our house. Apparently he likes to give Porter books as much as we do!

7 comments:

Jared said...

Such cute pictures Dana!! Porter is getting so big. I love his Easter outfit and that's so sad he threw up all over it before he really got to wear it much. At least you got a few pictures! The cupcake book I got that we used to make those is called, "What's New, Cupcake?" by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. It has some super cute ideas, just beware that they take FOREVER! They are really fun, though, and not too hard so don't be too impressed. That bunny cake is way harder! I don't think I could ever do that. Hope you guys had a great Easter :)

Jared said...

Oops, sorry that was Cherie. I hate it when that happens!

The Hunzikers said...

You are seriously the cutest mom to the cutest boy!! I can't believe he threw up on his new, darling outfit! Ah, the memories!

The Peterson's said...

Sounds like fun! He is getting cuter and cuter!

landofnyedom said...

Maybe next year you guys can join us for the West Point egg hunt. Love the cousin picture on the back porch. :) Fun seeing you guys!
Love ya!

Chelsea said...

He is soo big now! WOW that cake is amazinG! How on earth did they do the ears?

Anonymous said...

Easter was so fun! Porter will be a pro next year! We love you so much!