During the last week of June, I did a workshop in Richfield and Brian & Porter got to come with me. Where is Richfield, you might ask? I honestly had no idea before we actually went there. It's a tiny little town off the beaten path, about halfway between Provo & St. George. Although the small-town setting left us trying hard to come up with things to do, it was absolutely beautiful. I have a weakness for small towns. Here's why Richfield won me over:
Reason #1: Richfield has some BEAUTIFUL parks. (Brian & Porter spent a GREAT deal of time at the parks while I was in workshops all day.)
Reason #2: Wouldn't you just love to live in a town where this was your public library?
Reason #3: Beautiful scenery
Reason #4: Small diners with good, old-fashioned, homestyle cookin'. The plaque behind our heads says that Stephen King sat at that booth behind us. Man, we should've sat there!
Oh, and while we were there, Porter took his first picture with a camera- we're so proud of our budding photographer!
The biggest downside (yet again) was staying in a hotel for a week. Porter made various attempts to escape our tiny room!
We'll definitely have to visit Richfield again sometime!
2 comments:
What hotel has green walls? Awesome.
I knew Richfield was there! My husband's brother did a rotation there during medical school (his wife's brother lives there).
What a darling little family you have! Did you ever know Jodie Whitlock? I think that she lives in Richfield now. Pretty sure that's where she's fun. Looks like a fun place!
Post a Comment