Monday, January 9, 2012

Chef Porter

Hello blogging world! It's been ages. I won't try to catch up on everything that I haven't blogged about in the past several months, but I am going to try to be better about blogging. I realized that it's not so much for my millions of readers, but more for myself that I should be keeping up this blog. I need a place to record our life. My journals are even more neglected than my blog- and I prefer typing to handwriting, so it's time to start blogging again.

First thing to start journaling about:
Porter. Who else?! Mr. I'm-growing-up-so-fast-my-parents-don't-know-what-to-do-with-me! My favorite thing lately that he and I do together is bake. Over winter break, I made a homemade meal every night. I loved it! Half my break was spent in the kitchen, but it was wonderful because Porter became my little sidekick- my sous chef, if you will.


I discovered that he is an expert mixer. He's also really good at adding flour to bread dough to keep it from getting too sticky as you knead. And when you're done baking, he's pretty handy playing/helping with dishes in the sink- that kid LOVES water (which he calls ah-boe, no idea why!).

That's Porter's smile, by the way. If you tell him to smile for a pic, this is what you get. I love it!

Needless to say, we had so much fun! Now that I'm back at school, we'll see how long I'm able to continue making homemade meals each night . . . I am trying. Otherwise Porter might have to learn how to help me unwrap frozen pizzas, microwave cans of soup, and order chicken nuggets in the drive-thru. But I sure hope not! Brian's actually got into the cooking groove too and he's started making "healthy" meals. Maybe that will save us from the drive-thru for a few more months!

3 comments:

landofnyedom said...

Cute! Sometimes when I feel ambitious and don't want to cook I'll just double a recipe and freeze half. That way when I want something homemade, but don't have time to do it, I can just pull it from the freezer. Downside is we don't have a huge freezer. At least we're halfway to summer break! :)

Emily said...

He is so big! I have so many pictures of Noah doing that same thing with me. Boys and their kitchens, so cute.

Anonymous said...

Love that smile! I just want to kiss his cute face!!!!