Friday, February 10, 2012

Far Away Family


My family is pretty spread out- living in different states. It's hard being so far from my brothers and sisters, but it's gradually getting harder and harder as we add more nieces and nephews to the family. I hate knowing these little kiddos are growing up so fast and we aren't there to see them.

But we've been very blessed in the last little bit. We've gotten to see each of the nieces and nephews on my side recently. And, of course, it's only made us miss them more!

For Thanksgiving, we went to Texas to see my older sister and her family. Her kids were the first to get into my heart, so I've had to miss them the longest. Texas is way too far away.


At Christmas, we finally got to meet our nephew, Mark, for the first time. He just turned 1 and it took us this long to meet him! But, oh my goodness! He is so handsome! We loved having them near for those few days before they headed home to Arizona.

And when my little brother came a week ago for business, we finally got to meet his little miss Claire. She cried when I held her, but she still managed to tie a string around my heart to make me miss her. She is such a cutie and it was hard to see them go back to Washington so soon.


Everyone's doing great things in the places where they live, but I'm determined to find a way to see them all more often. In the meantime, we are feeling very blessed to have Brian's family all within driving distance!

4 comments:

Emily said...

My brother went to law school in Texas but there were 4 of us living in Utah at the time. When he realized the cousins were growing up too far away from one another, he took a huge pay cut and moved to Utah so we could all be closer. It was awesome for a year and then my sister moved to Texas (seriously!) and my other brother moved to Oregon (and then Maryland). Since then that OR and MD brother moved back to UT and so did the TX sister. I think family is so important. My cousins were my best friends growing up. I'd love to make an effort to some day get back to UT so we can be close to family again, but at least I have one sister in NM only 2 hours away.

Dani said...

Awww! We love and miss you guys too! :) Thanks again for coming to visit...the kids were talking about Thanksgiving and you guys being here just tonight over dinner! :) Lots of memories!!!

landofnyedom said...

That's cool you've been able to see them lately. I never grew up near any of my cousins or relatives, so I'm glad our kids get to grow up closer to theirs. :)

Debbie said...

I love those pictures!!!
It is pictures, such as these, that keep us connected and creates memories -- even for those who may not have been there. :)
I love our family!!!!!!!!