I have this unspoken rule that I usually will not post on my blog unless I have a picture to go with it. I'm sorry, but that rule's going out the window! I've been holding off on posting for weeks because I don't have good photos, but it's time to get back to documenting our life whether I have photos or not.
It's a funny story really . . .
About 6 months ago, our point-n-shoot camera died. Brian took it apart and somehow fixed it so it would start taking pictures again. But the screen was officially dead. We got to go back to the old-school way of looking through the view-finder and not seeing our pictures until we uploaded them to the computer.
That was inconvenient, but still okay since we had our big dslr camera. Kind of a pain to lug around, but it worked- and took better pictures than the point-n-shoot anyway. Until about 2 months ago. Someone broke it. Someone very carefully set it on the top shelf of the closet, in it's protective, padded bag . . . and it fell. Then someone assumed it probably survived the fall until a week later when she took the camera to a restaurant, pulled it out of it's case and the lens was completely detached. A piece that keeps the lens on the camera was laying in the bottom of the bag. She sheepishly told her husband, then burst into tears . . . in the middle of the restaurant. She sobbed for about 10 minutes, then continued bursting into tears throughout the meal. (Well, she is pregnant, after all!)
Now it's been terribly inconvenient since the broken point-n-shoot has been our only option for taking pictures. Until a week ago. No, I didn't drop that one too! It just finally gave up the ghost and stopped working altogether.
So while we're in the process of repairing and/or replacing our cameras, there won't be too many pictures on this blog.
2 comments:
I don't think it's necessarily hormones that made you cry, I would have completely lost it myself. I had a breakdown at Disneyland when we went for our first anniversary. We were about to leave (we'd been there for 3 days) and I realized the film hadn't been winding during the entire trip and we had ZERO photos. I sobbed. And I was not pregnant. I hate being without a camera! I hope you can get a new one soon.
We will try and remember our camera for Brian's Birthday! I'm sad for you about your camera! Your iPhone can take ok pictures! Love you
Post a Comment