Brian set up the tent in the backyard. Porter was thrilled. He played in that tent and didn't want to come out!
We made tin foil dinners on the grill and ate outside.
Then we roasted s'mores (also on the grill). Miraculously, Porter didn't injure anyone with his roasting stick. Seriously a miracle.
Finally, Brian and Porter settled in for bed. After putting Lucy down, I joined them for some bedtime stories and to snap a few pics. Then I headed back in the house to sleep in a soft, cozy bed (this was definitely my kind of camping).
Around 1:30 am, I was up feeding Lucy when I heard Brian and Porter coming into the house. Apparently, the excitement was too much for Porter and he didn't ever go to sleep. And here he was, 5 hours past his bedtime! Crazy kid.
We put him to bed and we all had a nice sleep-in morning the next day!
3 comments:
Oh man, your family is so cute and I laughed out loud when I read about Porter not falling asleep in the tent. Aren't you glad you were close to his bed?? So funny.
That is my kind of campout! Awesome. I'll never forget Dave taking the boys on Father & Son's by Heber one year and coming home at 3 am...without their stuff. Isaac had thrown up and was screaming and waking everybody up, so he just put him in the car and came home. And then had to drive 6 hours (roundtrip) to get the stuff the next day. Backyard camping is the way to go! So cute.
How fun! Can't wait til we have a backyard. :)
Post a Comment