I'm a terrible blogger. I'm finally okay admitting it. Someday, when I spend more than 2 waking hours at home, maybe I'll get a little better.
In the meantime, I do realize that Lucy is not getting the monthly documentation that Porter got. And I know it's not a contest, but I do feel a little sad that these stages with her are flying by so quickly. I want to freeze time so I can just enjoy her a little more. And this is the best way I can do that. So here's a glimpse of our beautiful Lucy-girl at 7.5 months:
Sleep
Lucy started sleeping through the night at around 5-6 weeks old. However, for the past couple of months, she broke out of that habit and started waking up for multiple nightly feedings. It was killing me! And while I knew I needed to do something about it, I just didn't have the energy to try. Finally, about 2 weeks ago, I made up my mind to get her back on schedule and after 2 rough nights, she started sleeping through the night again. Hallelujah!
Food
We held off starting Lucy on baby food until about a month ago. But she's doing great with it! Each night before bed, we feed her one of the meat baby foods. They stink SO bad! But Lucy likes them, which is really all that matters.
Temperament
Lucy is a very easy-going baby! She's good to play on her own if you sit her near some good toys. She is usually very happy and gives the biggest smiles for anyone who will give her attention.
Porter's Sister
Lucy adores Porter . . . and Porter adores Lucy. My favorite parts of the day are the moments when they interact. If Porter is playing around Lucy, she watches him intently. When he plays with her she is full of smiles and squeals. Porter and I have given Lucy a "voice." Whenever one of us asks Lucy a question, the other will answer for her in a small, high-pitched voice. For example:
Me: Lucy, are you sleepy?
Porter: (high-pitched voice) Yes!
Today, as we were driving in the car, Brian & I were talking in the front. From the backseat, I could hear Porter talking with Lucy, supplying both sides of the conversation. I love that they have such a strong relationship even while she's so young!
Wardrobe
We are loving dressing up a little girl. Brian has surprised me with how much he loves dressing her up too. If she's wearing anything neon and trendy, Brian chose it. If she's wearing pretty, frilly, classic baby styles, I chose it. We have very different styles for her. But whatever the outfit, we always think she is the most beautiful baby!
Size
Being born at 10 lb, 3 oz, we thought Lucy would grow just like Porter and be forever larger than anyone her age. But we were shocked at the last doctor appointment when her weight fell down to the 75th percentile. I think it was the only time we've experienced a number that wasn't off the charts. That said, we still think she looks bigger and bigger each day.
Cutie-Pie
She has her two bottom teeth. We think they're adorable! She also loves to have her tongue hanging out. Also adorable (and funny)! We can't get enough of her big, blue eyes or her long eyelashes or her dainty little toes. She is a perfect, beautiful little girl!
2 comments:
What a gorgeous little girl!!! It is so fun to see daddys with their little girls!
She is such a light! We are so crazy about her! She is the most smiley baby! We love you Lucy! I love watching her and Porter together too. He's a sweetheart! Darling kids! Sweet great parents!
Grandpa and Grandma Nye
Post a Comment