Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Porter Update

[from Porter's journal/blog]


You say things and do things every day that make me smile. I'm always thinking how wonderful life is with you and that I don't want to forget a single thing. But then I sit down sometimes to write an entry for this blog/journal and I can't remember all those things I told myself I wanted to remember. So I started taking notes this past month of little things I want to record. So here's a little peek of you at age 4 years, 2 months.

Things You Say

Ducklings are "duck-links"

Despicable Me 2 (the movie) is "Izza-pick-a-pull Me on 2"

Binoculars are "kin-ock-el-ears"

Bobbleheads are "shaking head guys"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" (it always comes in threes)

"What up fishes?" and "Oh snap!" (you and Daddy say these back and forth to each other all the time)

"Look what starts with D: /d/ /d/ double-u!"

Often when you use past-tense, you pronounce it /ed/ even when it's supposed to be the /t/ or /d/ sound. Example:"I like-ed it."

We watch a sweet 10-month old named Andi. You love that sweet little girl. But you always get mad when I call her "sweet" (I nicknamed her Sweet Andi because it sounds so close to a song called Sweet Annie). You said I can't call her "sweetheart" because that's what I call Lucy. Then the other day, you told me this: "Mom, she's not Sweet Andi. She's not sweet. She's just too beautiful."


Things You Do

As Lucy is learning to talk, you love to teach her new words. Often, as we drive, I will hear you saying "Lucy, say (trees/flowers/Mommy)." I love to see your sweet relationship. You are such a great brother to her! However, I must say it's not quite as endearing when I hear you say, "Lucy, say (bum/fart)."

Your favorite tv show is Garfield.

You fall asleep every night with Big-Head Bear and Rockwell (the dog); one in each arm.

No comments: