We took a little day trip today up into the mountains. The drive was beautiful. Our walk around the springs were heavenly (minus a little bee sting incident where I may or may not have overreacted a little bit . . . I have a very low pain tolerance!).
My mom and sister joined me and the kids on our excursion. For some reason, Brian doesn't like me taking the kids into the mountains and other remote places to hike on our own. Crazy, right?! ;)
I'm so lucky to have such great family around who like to do these things with me and my crazy kids.
I love little trips like this. It's so nice to get away from all the stores and houses and cars and people every now and then. And I love every chance I get to put my kids in nature. I so wish they had more chances to play in woods with sticks and mud and wildflowers. That's what childhood should be, in my opinion.




No comments:
Post a Comment