Lately, I've really gotten excited about learning more about my ancestors. I've visited my grandma to try to get her to tell me stories, I've spent hours exploring my family tree on the familysearch.org website, I've taken the kids to pioneer villages to see how our early ancestors lived, and I was even assigned to give a talk in church about family history, which led me to do lots of research about the importance of family history in general.
So I was pretty thrilled last week, when my grandma told me about a small cabin-turned-museum in a nearby town that had once been the home of her grandfather. Monday just happened to be one of the few days of the year that it's open for tours, so we loaded up the kids to go see where their great-great-great grandfather had lived.
Here's my good ol' great-great grandpa, Ezekiel:
The kids ran and ran back and forth through those two doors. Brian pointed out how crazy parents must have gone back then, living in a ONE-ROOM house with energetic little ones. Yikes!
What a blessing to find such a big piece of my personal history so close to where we're living.




1 comment:
That is SO cool! If you go to the Syracuse Museum they have some stuff from the Moss side on Thomas Schofield. There's also a Nye museum in Boston, Mass. that Jeff & I hope to visit with our kids some day. :)
Post a Comment