
Does anyone else get really embarrassed passing all your neighbors as you're returning home from Sam's Club, carrying an extremely large supply of toilet paper? I passed 2 neighbors as I packed it from my car to our condo tonight. Plus there are all those other neighbors who I'm sure were watching me out their windows, pointing and laughing!
Oh well- I guess I shouldn't complain. It was so much worse when I lived in Provo. Each time I bought a gigantic pack of toilet paper, I would inevitably run into a dozen or so cute boys who lived at my complex as I scrambled to the apartment! Wow. That was embarrassing.
7 comments:
it used to embarrass me. not anymore. i have a husband and kids i can blame our toilet paper usage on!
I still feel silly carrying a huge thing of toilet paper in the house. Although it's even worse when an uninvited guest shows up right after you've purchased said giant thing of toilet paper and it's still sitting in the middle of your kitchen floor when they walk by, like a huge neon sign that "we use a TON of toilet paper around here". Maybe someday I'll have a garage where I can sneak it in un-noticed.
This reminds me of Jim Gaffigan's hot pocket routine.... or at least part of his "behind the pale" routine, where he's talking about buying toilet paper at the store. Everyone around the person at the store is thinking "Does he ever LEAVE the bathroom?" "What?! Is he living off of hot pockets?!!"
You're so funny Dana. TP is a staple of life.
Dana your post made me laugh my face off. The other day Jeff and I went to Smiths and they had this "great deal" on bbq sauce ($1/bottle IF you bought 10). Well, of course Jeff couldn't pass that up and said it was "food storage". I was so embarrassed to have TEN bottles of bbq sauce in the cart. I just knew we would run into someone especially living in a teeny tiny town. I guess TP is slightly more embarrassing, although luckily for both of us it wasn't economy sized boxes of tampons! I miss you Dana!! Do you want to move out here because I sure could use a friend like you!
This post made me laugh so hard! A few years and 3 kids later and it probably won't even phase you. :) I loved the post on how to be the teacher's favorite too! Kaedan and Carter were telling us that the teachers are a lot nicer on back to school night because they don't want to the parents to know how mean they are. I thought, if anyone, you and Heidi would get a kick out of that one. :) They actually said their teachers this year are really nice. When they talked about back to school night Troy and I were dying laughing though!
You are so funny! I miss you! Call me! How did your haircut go?
Post a Comment