Whenever I'm driving and I see another driver do something stupid, I like to make up extravagant excuses for their behavior.
For example, the guy who cut me off on the freeway is probably rushing his wife to the emergency room to deliver their baby. Or the old man who is driving 15 under the speed limit is probably wearing new shoes that day that happen to be way too tight and it hurts him to press on the gas pedal too hard.
But this afternoon as I drove home from school, I prayed that all the other drivers might be playing my excuse game for me. I took every corner at 2 mph and drove about 5 under the speed limit the whole way home.
My excuse? About 50 butterfly cocoons were sitting in my backseat coming to spend spring break at our home. Each of them was hanging by small, silk-like threads on the walls of 2 aquarium-type thingys. Seriously, can your excuse get better than that? I wish I had made that one up!
So the next time you're behind a really slow person . . . just think-- they may also be transporting butterfly cocoons. (or wearing too-tight shoes!)
(here are the butterfly cocoons in their new home in our guest bathroom)
6 comments:
yeah, that's totally freaking me out. I can't even look at them. And I play that game too. It helps calm my road rage.
Hey don't get any big ideas... my schedule isn't worked out quite yet so I can still sub for you!!!!!
I saw those caterpillars on the counter, they looked like they were living in mold! haha. I am glad they have a new home in the Tupperware. It will be fun to see them come out as butterflies! The kids will love it!
Yuck!!! I do love teaching the butteryfly unit with diagrams and cute clipart! Teaching second grade is the best!! I miss it!
For sure Brandon needs to read this. Love him but his road rage comes out way too often. for my liking.
Dana you remind me of princess in Enchanted! You always look at the bright side with child like amusement! What a great quality! Wow you should see my beautiful tulips you gave me, I love them.
love you
Mom Nye
Yea! I am so glad you have them to remind you of school during the break since I know you are missing it so very much!
Post a Comment