Saturday, April 18, 2009

Last Week

Last week we went camping.
One word: FREEZING!

Thursday: We drove 4-5 hours to Joe's Valley with some of Brian's friends from the rock climbing gym.

They bouldered . . .

And I sat here with my blanket & book (while I wasn't taking pics) . . .All 4 of them had a crash pad to carry on their backs as we hiked to the different spots. It was pretty funny to watch the giant pads climbing up the hills with little legs under them!
Thursday Night: Brian & I set up camp & said goodbye to our friends. (there may have been some slight wishes that we were going back home with them)

Friday: We spent the day exploring the remains of old, abandoned mining communities. Brian took pictures for his final project in his photography class.

3 comments:

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

That does look funny with those big pads and little legs under them! Looks like fun but I gotta give it to ya to go do all that in the cold. You're a such a trooper Dana. :)

Dani said...

So fun! We went camping too that weekend...great minds think alike! Except, you remembered your camera...I didn't. How lame is that?!?!?

landofnyedom said...

Looks like too much fun for me. :) Camping is okay, but hard when it's cold and you can't get warm. Looks like you had fun though.