
I have the cutest little girl in my class. She's like a mini adult trapped in a 1st grader's body because she always has the funniest, wittiest things to say. The only problem is that she talks nonstop and often gets into trouble for it. Today was one of those days.
With my new pregnancy brain, I've found I don't remember things very well. So when I talk to a kid at school about their behavior, I usually have to make a note for myself. Today I kept this list in my pocket. But I had so many well-behaved kids today too that I told them I was also going to write down kids' names on a "good side" who would get an extra sticker on their chart at the end of the day.
My little girl came in to see me at recess to talk about her behavior (at my request- since I had the note to remind me!). We chatted and came up with a consequence- she would write the rule that she had broken. But as I was turning to get back to work, this is what I heard . . .
"You know what's kind of funny Mrs. Nye? You have a good and bad list. AND your tummy sort of looks like Santa Claus' belly."
That made me laugh so hard! But the funny thing is-- that's not the first time I've been compared to Santa this holiday! According to my little brother and sister, my pregnant belly shakes when I laugh "like a bowl full of jelly" as well.
9 comments:
LOL! That is so funny! Don't kids say the funniest things? Can't wait to see you Saturday. Jeff picked out something funny for that baby of yours. :) At least we think so.
Love ya!
That's hilarious! I had never thought of you as Santa, but I definitely see it now :). Good luck with all the chimneys!
Ok... That is funny!
too funny! I love it. You'll be so glad you wrote that down.
Way too cute. Why is that I totally see Kai being like that, the little chatter box.
well, maybe with you as "Santa" my kids might have a change of actually getting what they want instead of a sock full of coal! (provided we send it to you in a note :))
love ya girl!! and post a side view of that cute belly!!!
That's awesome! I don't see how you do it with that many kids every day. My 3 keep me busy! I bet they keep you on your toes and laughing all the time. :)
Can't wait to meet sweet little Porter!!
Love ya!
that is soooo funny! :)
So Funny, I love kids and could listen to stories all the time. Your belly may look like Santa but you are mini everywhere else. Now are sweet and wonderful like Santa so there are a few similarities.
Love you bunches
Dad and Mom
Post a Comment