**Disclaimer for all the pictures: I promise I DO clip his fingernails! No matter what I do, I can't keep him from clawing his face. I think his eczema makes him itch so bad that he just has to scratch. And mittens won't stay on his hands anymore. Just disregard all the scratches and imagine how cute he is without them!
This month, Porter . . .
Rolled over
. . . a couple times. He practiced and practiced and finally rolled! But once he mastered it, he seemed to lose interest & doesn't even try anymore!Recognizes Mommy & Daddy
He'll look at us when he hears our voices and gets excited to see us (hooray!). When Brian calls, I usually put the phone up to Porter's ear so Daddy can talk to him for a minute. Once Porter hears his voice, his eyes get huge and he starts looking around the room for Daddy. Pretty funny.Learned to Like Tummy Time!
We persisted, and, finally, Porter is able to hold his neck and head up while on his tummy. Now he can stay there for a few minutes without getting fussy at all!Likes Music & Lullabies
Singing calms him down. And, often, he'll start cooing along with you when you sing. So cute!Still Sleeps Through the Night
Every now and then, he'll surprise us with a 3 or 4 am wake-up call. But otherwise, he usually goes down around 8pm and sleeps until 6 or 7am.Drools Like Mad
Seriously- I have no idea how a (relatively) little baby can produce so much drool. It's insane! He goes through several bibs and outfits each day. His new favorite thing is sticking his fists in his mouth, which makes him produce more drool. Yuck!Makes Motor Noises
Porter's new favorite noise to make is by vibrating his lips (usually with spit flying out of his mouth!). He makes this sound mostly in the car. We love it!We can't believe 4 months have gone by so quickly! We love our baby!
10 comments:
So jealous! I very much miss having a baby. Thanks for letting me spy on your adorable little Porter. (PS, your pictures are fantastic!)
Hey is adorable Dana. It is the greatest when they start to recognize you!
Cute! Cass weighed 18 lb.s @ 4 months too! That's also when she started teething...fun times. Next thing you know he'll be crawling. :) Have fun with your 'little' guy. Love ya!
So Cute!!! I can't wait to see him (and you guys!) again! Though I do have to say, Olivia better watch out...she weighs 16 lbs at TEN months!!! Porter's gonna squash her!!! Good thing she's quick! :)
What a cute big guy! Enjoy!
How CUTE~~~~ just want to give him a hug!!!
sounds like you are loving and enjoying him so much!! what amazing parents you are!!!
love you so much!
love the pictures too!!!
Liz
Oh what a sweetie! My babies always have scratches all over the place. Isaac even has a few scars from them. Plus, Zoe is off the charts for weight too! I love how chubby she is but I'm kind of sad that she's only 2 months old and already so big (14 pounds!).
He is so cute! And I totally sympathize with the scratches. I clip Kacen's nails all the time and he still gets sores and he has bad patches of eczema on his forehead and I am sure that makes it worse for them. By the way I love the pictures, especially the one where he is over the far left, it is super cute.
Time sure flies! Enjoy it when they're little, sadly, you don't ever get that time back. I miss when my boys were babies. I think I wished them big too many times.... although they are a different kind of fun when they're bigger. :)
He is so cute. I love the pics.
Post a Comment