Thursday, May 13, 2010

My Little Participant

Last night I attended a dinner for all of the teachers getting their ESL Endorsements. It was a nice celebration with good food and each of the advisors stood and honored the teachers they were over and said a little bit about each one. Since I hate being away from my baby more than I have to, I took Porter with me to this event. When they asked me to stand up, I went to the front with Porter. They presented us with these:

For ME-
     a certificate of completion
For PORTER-
     a Certificate of Participation in the ESL Endorsement program (while both in and out of the womb)
     and a bottle bank- filled with pennies and some pesos (to help him start his collection of international currency)

Pretty sure the certificate will be hanging in his room soon-- he'll look like the smartest 3-month old on the block!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

haha! how cute is that?! how clever and sweet of them.

Marcia said...

I love it!

landofnyedom said...

That's awesome!

Emily said...

That is hilarious! I love it. And now I want a bottle bank.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! And you are so deserving!

The Hunzikers said...

Oh my gosh!! That is soooo cute!!! How neat of them to recognize little Porter. That will make a great keepsake! I am dying to talk with you and have thought of calling you a hundred times since last Saturday but then start feeling bad because I know you are soo busy! When is the best time to visit??? Miss you!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

How sweet! You are such a good teacher and mom Dana! And that is the cutest that they recognized sweet little Porter! :)

The Heaps Family said...

Dana and Brian, you have the cutest little guy. I love his hair. I hope you don't mind if I look at your blog. I'm going to add you to mine. If you want to view my blog email me at valarieheaps@yahoo.com I'll send you an invite.

I'm so happy for the two of you, Dana I can't wait to meet you. Brian we are going to be putting our names in for the lottery soon so we can hopefully hike the subway. I will let you know if we get it and if we do I'll tell you the dates. Hopefully you two can come. Good to see you the other day and thanks again for letting Tanner climb the rock wall, even though he was a big wimp he still talks about it. you made his day.