Although simplicity was my goal for the year, I feel like my life has become anything but simple. I get stressed out so easily and, unfortunately, my hubby's seen a few meltdowns from me this past week.
I get frustrated that I don't have more time with my baby. But then I also get frustrated that I don't have more time at school to plan. I get frustrated that I haven't made home-cooked meal in over 2 weeks. And when I don't make food, I get frustrated that we're adding the unnecessary expense of eating out so often. I get frustrated when the house is covered in dust, the laundry is teetering 3 feet above the top of the hamper, a nasty smell is coming from the sink, and a bag of trash is sitting outside our front door waiting to be taken to the dumpster (for 3 days!). I get frustrated when I'm late everywhere I go because I haven't yet figured in the appropriate amount of time for getting the baby fed & ready to go as well.
Needless to say, I've been a little ball of stress for the past few weeks and I'm sure I haven't been very fun to live with. My goal is not to complain, however. This is just to set you up for how amazing my hubby is . . .
Usually, Brian works till 10 on weeknights. But last night, the doorbell rang at 6. When I answered it, Brian was standing there! He grabbed the baby and pushed me out the door, forcing me to take some "ME" time. I protested a bit at first, then I nearly sprinted to the car! I left for 2 hours and when I returned, I had beautifully manicured hands; 2 shirts found on clearance; some errands run to cross off my to-do list; and, most importantly, a refreshed outlook on life!
I'm so grateful for my hubby! I'm feeling much better now. =)
9 comments:
That's great you got to get out for awhile. It's stressful just being a new mom. I can't imagine balancing a job on top of that. Just think only 5 more weeks til summer! Are you taking the summer off? Hope you can.
Let me know if we can ever help out.
Love ya,
Holly
Awww... what a stud to let you do that! Hope things get better :) Miss seeing you around!
Sooo, if you ever need some time to yourself, or need to run an errand... I'd be happy to watch Porter. My boys would totally eat him up. They're obsessed with babies. ;) Seriously, just call... or knock.
This post made me cry. I know a little bit how you feel--probably not totally because I don't work, but with 2 other kids to worry about I feel like there's never enough time for ANY of them. You have the best husband!
This made me have tears Dana and it's times like this that you feel like it's a Mom's Payday when your kids (no matter how old they are still kids to us) do something good! Good job Brian! And Dana you are so sweet and deserving of it!
We love you
Dad and Mom
I totally hear you. If it wasn't for Brandon's support I would have totally lost my mind. I just have to remind myself to take one day a time. Don't worry it's normal to have break downs, I have one at least once a month. You guys are great parents!
awwww....so sweet! i wish i lived closer so I could help out too (or at least take some 'me' time together!) Come on...wouldn't Brian want my 3 kids too??? Just kidding!
Brian next time show up with me at the door and you whisk Dana off to a dinner or a movie or whatever. I love you guys. Call on my anytime.
What a good hubby you have! Anytime you need some time to yourslef drop your little guy off here, we love babies!
Post a Comment