Monday, April 26, 2010

3 months

Last week, Porter turned 3 months old! We celebrated with another photo shoot. Poor kid. But I was lucky to have Brian home this time so he was able to make him smile while I shot some photos.


This month, Porter . . . 

Started Laughing
His first laugh was actually at the babysitter's. When Brian and I heard that, we spent that whole evening cooing, tickling, and making fools of ourselves . . . no laugh. But the next day, Porter gave use each a giggle. Now he giggles more and more everyday and we love it!

Sleeps Like a Baby
Porter started sleeping 9 to 11 hours each night. Can you say heaven?! It's been so wonderful!

Moved to His Crib
We're so happy we finally get to use it! Although he's moved to the crib, the routine is still the same- we swaddle him and play vacuum sounds all night long.
 Hates Tummy Time
The doctor told us at our first appointment to make sure Porter got lots of tummy time. Unfortunately, we didn't really follow that order like we should have. Now when Porter gets put on his tummy, he cries and smothers his face in the floor. It's so sad. We don't leave him down for long, but we still try it several times a day. He gets a little better each time at lifting his neck-- but it's still miserable.

Eats Like Crazy
Porter loves to eat. If we had a gallon-sized bottle, I think he'd just go on chugging it till it was empty, then cry when it was all gone. But Brian and I love his little whimper, half-cry that he does whenever his bottle's gone. That lasts for about a minute, then he's as happy as can be!

Turned Into a Drool Machine
We go through several bibs a day-- or several outfits, if we forget to put a bib on him!

Lost Half His Hair
It's so sad to see his thick, dark hair falling out. But we can already see the new hair growing in. So I guess we'll be okay.

Became Aware of His Hands and Toys
He loves to eat his hands. Also, he loves swatting at his toys that hang on a mobile over his playard. One of them has a rattle inside- that's his favorite to hit.

Also, this month, Porter met all 3 of his great-grandparents, was blessed at church, and started attending church regularly.

In case I haven't said it enough on this blog . . . we love this baby!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So Cute! Great Grandpa Moss looks preety comfortable with him! Porter's laugh is so fun and Grandpa Nye sure could get him laughing! What a treat it was and one that my heart took a picture!
Love you
Dad & Mom

landofnyedom said...

Cute pics! That's great he's sleeping so much longer. My kids all hated tummy time too. It was not fun. But soon enough he'll either roll over or start crawling. :)

Dani said...

He is sooooo amazingly adorable!

Jenn said...

he sure is cute!! i can't believe he's 3 months already.

The Englanders said...

He's such a cutie! I love how you you post updated about him, I like to compare! Since our babies are about the same age. haha.

Juliann said...

He's totally a mini-Brian! So cute.

Angie and Nick said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I can't believe how big he is! Love checkin in on you guys :) Hope all is well.