Monday, May 31, 2010

Early Mornings & Baseball

It was such a fun Memorial Day. We started off by going to Mimi's Cafe for breakfast. We arrived at the restaurant just after 8 am! We didn't even realize how early it was until we noticed that hardly anyone else was out & about. So strange that 4 months ago, Brian and I would've been sleeping in until close to noon on our days off. Babies do that to you, I guess. Today we had gone out to breakfast, shopped at Kohl's and the mall, and were back home around 11am. That's still crazy to me!

During the middle of the day, Brian had to work. Porter napped. I watched movies & baked cookies.

When Brian got home, we dressed Porter all up and took him to his first baseball game! We went to see the Salt Lake Bees (minor league). We had great seats right behind home plate. Porter was so cute!
We were able to stay about 4 innings before we decided it was time to get our baby home to bed. Although it was short, we had a great time. Now it's time for me to go to bed and wind down from 'holiday mode.' =)

 Our family!

 Brian bought Porter's baseball cap the day after he was born. The rest of the outfit was purchased this morning. =)

Brian likes this picture because Porter, with 1 finger, is declaring that the Bees are #1!


7 comments:

landofnyedom said...

How cute! Love the fam pic. Looks like you guys had a fun Memorial Day.
Love ya!

Emily said...

You guys are so cute! What a fun day. One thing I don't love about motherhood is the awake before the sun thing. I'm all for getting a lot done, I just don't want to do it at 6 am! :)

Jenn said...

So fun! We love the Bees' games. We took the boys last year and they loved it! Porter looks adorable in his game attire. So cute. :)

The Heaps Family said...

Such cute pictures... I love your baby's outfit.

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

You have the cutest little family! It's so fun to see you guys with Porter! He's adorable in his Bees outfit and I love how you and Brian are dressed the part as well. :)

Chelsea said...

Dana ! It's chelsea your old old room mate! Your baby is adorable and that is amazing how your are still teaching and doing all you are doing! I love how positive you are as a mother :D It's getting me so excited to be one too!

Anonymous said...

What a cute family! And a proud Daddy! We love you guys!
Dad and Mom