This little boy is growing up too fast! It seems like he hits a new milestone every day. And we're just busy trying to keep up with him! This past week, Porter ate with a fork (mostly) by himself. I would stick a piece of fruit on the end of the fork, set it on his tray, then he'd pick it up and put it in his mouth. It was a huge event. I got it on video . . . then accidentally erased the memory card without saving the video. Aaargh!
Then this past weekend, Porter learned how to climb stairs. I'm sure many babies develop this skill much sooner, but since we don't have any stairs at our house (except for the concrete steps leading up to our 3rd floor condo--which we're not too keen on letting Porter climb), he doesn't really have many opportunities to practice. Luckily, Grandma & Grandpa Nye have soft, carpeted stairs and Porter was able to climb and climb this weekend for as long as he wanted!
I can't believe how fast he's growing! Here are his stats from his 1-year check up:
Weight: 27 lb, 13 oz
Heigh: 33.2 inches
On both height & weight he's above the 95th percentile. But on head circumference (19 in.) he's at the 90th percentile. Brian said they tried to put our 3-year-old nephew's football helmet on Porter, but Porter's head was too big and they couldn't get it on! I just figure his larger-than-average brain has got to go somewhere . . . so of course his head's gonna be huge! =)
4 comments:
Oh, Dana! He is such a darling little boy!! Love those gorgeous blue eyes. I can't believe he is already a year old. Time really does go way too fast!
Isn't each of their new stages so fun and exciting?! Porter's such a cutie and you guys are great parents! He is a smart little dude! Tre just loves playing with him at Grandma Nye's. If it makes you feel better Tre has a small head so don't feel too bad about the helmet. lol! Too funny!
Love you guys!
Oh man is he cute. I love reading these things because it's fun to see where Zoe measures with him. Her head is only 10th percentile but height and weight is 90th! I guess her brain is a little smaller than Porter's. :) Zoe would spend all day on my parents stairs but it drives me CRAZY.
Those pictures made me smile! He is such a happy fun little guy! We love you Porter and you have stolen our hearts!!!
Post a Comment