Saturday, February 26, 2011

Winter


There is less than a month left until Spring officially begins. And all I can say is: Hooray! Here are a few of our latest run-ins with Winter . . .

Experience #1: Winter Sledding Day
Porter's first sledding experience. We're pretty sure he loved it.


Experience #2: Stupid Ice-On-The-Stairs Day
As I was walking down our concrete stairs to go to work one morning, I slipped and hit my head on the corner of the handrail. I cried on the stairs, crawled back up to the door and cried in the condo, got a bottle of Excederin, then sucked it up so I could head off to work. A terrible headache followed. It was a rough day and I hated Winter all the more for hurting me. But Porter & Brian made it all better. When I got home, this is what I found:


In case you can't tell, the cookie on the plate is the actual size of the plate! Brian swears he was laying on the bed reading while Porter was making quite a ruckus in the kitchen-- apparently making a batch of cookies. I was so impressed. Especially with his handwriting skills at such a young age!

Winter has it's good points. But, oh my goodness, we are so ready for Spring!

2 comments:

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

SO glad you're okay! What a great little baker Porter is. ;) VERY cute! Love the sledding pics! I was just thinking today that we need to take our boys sledding soon. We are so ready for spring too! Other than the fact we'll both be a year older here pretty quick, right? lol!

Love you guys!

landofnyedom said...

Glad you're okay. Not a fun way to start the day. But that is great Porter is already helping in the kitchen. Gotta start 'em young, huh? ;) We haven't gone out sledding this year either...maybe if it snows some more. :)
Love ya!