Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Walking, Talking Update

Porter is now 1 year and 2 months old. He's turning into a cute little toddler and we love him more & more each day!

 Porter recently took his first steps. But he's not walking yet. He's still much more comfortable holding a hand or the couch for support.

Porter also started brushing his teeth on his own. Of course we take turns to make sure his teeth actually get cleaned. But it's so cute that he tries to do it himself!

Porter still loves books more than anything. That makes his mommy very happy considering I've been buying books for him from book orders since before I was pregnant. It's so cute because he's so gentle and careful that we can give him the Webster's Dictionary and he'll gingerly turn the pages and keep himself busy for 5-10 minutes.

Porter's vocabulary so far:
dog, Dada, Mama, ball, balloon, Jesus, yum, banana, dude, no, more, all gone

3 comments:

The Piersons said...

Dana, Porter is getting cuter and cuter all the time. I love reading about what he is up to! Your family is just too cute.

Anonymous said...

He is so sweet and so good natured! I love the white hair! It's so cute and reminds me of his Daddy. Reading to him is so fun and he just seems to soak it all in. He even loves when I sing to him. (that takes real patience) inlove our time together he is a sweet little guy who has stolen all our hearts. Thanks for sharing him with us. I love when Tre is here too they have become great friends with Toby the dog of course. Love you guys

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

What a cutie!! I am so glad he and Tre get the time they do together at Bev's! Tre just loves 'Baby Porter'. I don't think he'll ever stop calling him that. :) I love that he loves to read! And he's so cute in those jammies. It always makes them look so cuddly to me! I had so much fun tonight! Thanks for coming!