Monday, May 30, 2011

Our Update for May

I was reading blogs yesterday and found myself getting annoyed that my favorite blogs hadn't been updated for 2-3 days. Horrible, right?! Then I found my way back to our blog and saw that our last post was almost a month ago. Woops!

So here's our update:
Brian has returned to attending school full time. He loves being back in classes, and the hour-long commute each way gives him lots of audio book time. Not sure I'd be so happy about that, but he is.

I've been busy preparing for the end of my school year (this Friday!). I'm going to miss my cute first graders so much, but I have to admit it'll be nice to have some of my stress gone. However, there's no summer break for me this year- I'll be facilitating the USOE Common Core Academy for 4-5 weeks throughout the summer, and in whatever free time I have I'll be moving classrooms and hopefully selling/moving our home. Lots to do!

Porter has been busy walking, talking, and getting used to going to babysitters again. You can definitely tell he's having Daddy-withdrawals. When Brian's home, Porter whines & cries and won't be happy until Daddy's holding him. But even with the whining and tears, he's just as cute as ever!

And because no post is complete without pictures, here are a few . . .

Here's Porter watching Mommy & Daddy play tennis with Uncle Brad & Aunt Katie. Did I mention our condo has tennis courts? It does. Kinda makes you want to move here, right?

I know he looks bored in the first picture, but he actually quite enjoys being outside with us. He stays busy by throwing tennis balls into the court:

Here are Brian & I at the Capitol Theater. We went last week to see Les Miserables with Brian's fam. Brian's parents got us all tickets for Christmas-- such a great gift!

Also, we had a visit from Grandma & Grandpa Sudweeks. They only stayed one day since they were just passing through on their way to see Uncle Deven graduate in Arizona (so glad I wasn't doing that drive!). But Porter loved the time he got to see them:

And one last picture-- Brian brought donuts in for my class last week with a special one for me:
No, I did not finish it . . . in case you were wondering!

6 comments:

The Hunzikers said...

I have been waiting for updates to your blog!! Have I ever told you that you are gorgeous?? What a beautiful picture of you and Brian! Good luck selling your condo--we are going to move in a year or so and I am dreading selling and moving!

landofnyedom said...

Yea for an update. :) Sounds like you guys are only getting busier. Hope you can sell your place...not that we want you further away...but I'm sure it'd be slightly less stressful and I hated when Jeff commuted. Eats up too much of the day. Good luck!

Jenn said...

I do that all the time! Love the updates. Porter is so stinkin cute! Cameron keeps asking if Porter can come play again. ;)

The Congers said...

Looks like a fun month, and I bet the theatre was so great. I love going to plays and musicals. Good luck with the sell and move, I hope it all works out.

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

I'm so happy you updated! You guys always do the funnest things! I'm happy your family came down and you were able to get some time with them. Love the picture of the big donut and the caption below it too! lol!

Love you guys!

Matt and Mari said...

Dana! I need your email because I made some quiz, quiz, trade cards :)