Monday, September 26, 2011
Happy Apple Day!
No, I'm not going crazy declaring random fruit holidays. Today is a sacred elementary school day-- the day we celebrate Johnny Appleseed's birthday and turn everything possible into an apple activity. It's a wonderful excuse to do math games with apples, read stories about apples, make graphs out of which apples are your favorites, drink apple juice, eat apple pie, make applesauce in the classroom, do apple art projects . . . you get the idea. Because I have school off today, we celebrated Apple Day on Friday. Just thought I'd share a little taste of it with you. Enjoy your apple day!
And Happy Birthday to Dawnia-- my lucky little sis who gets to share a bday with Johnny Appleseed. ;) I swear it's totally coincidence that I'm making her apple pancakes for her bday breakfast today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are the cutest teacher ever! It wasn't even acknowledged in my kids school today.
Fun! Carter's doing that this week. I better remember to send an apple. :)
Post a Comment