Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Strawberries
I'm happy to say that we have a camera again! Brian found a replacement part online for $10 and a local camera shop who charged us $12 for labor. Seriously! And all along I thought we were going to have to spend hundreds to replace the lens. This was a very happy blessing.
So now you can enjoy pictures of our everyday life . . . like Porter eating strawberries. He calls them pah-pies. And he likes to eat them frozen. Sometimes his words for things make complete sense to us and we don't realize how obscure it is until other people give him clueless looks. When my little sister was babysitting him, he kept going to the freezer and asking for pah-pies (strawberries, of course). But, unfortunately, it sounded a lot more like pot-pies to her.
And yesterday, when I picked Porter up from the babysitter's, I told him to tell her 'thank you' as we walked out the door. Being the well-mannered little boy he is, he complied with 'goo-goos' (which means thank you . . . of course). But the babysitter laughed and repeated 'crackers' instead. I never realized his thank you sounds like 'crackers.' It makes me laugh to think how many other people might think he's telling them 'crackers' every time they do something nice for him.
Oh well. Someday he'll be able to communicate with the rest of the world. But for the time being, I'll just enjoy the fact that we have our own secret language amongst ourselves. And really, I'm just grateful that we can finally communicate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just today I was writing a draft of things Zoe says that sound like something else...only I don't know what exactly it sounds like. She says "oppy pere" for "up here" and "change you" for "change me" (as in diaper). And "I need a hoedjooo" for "hold you" (I need you to hold me). It cracks me up.
Hurray for your camera!
All our kids said, "Ducca". And I think they all meant different things. I think one meaning Cass had was "tickle". :)Glad you got your camera back!
I always thought his thank you sounded like thank you! Hmmmm!
Post a Comment