Friday, March 9, 2012

Thirty

Not sure if Brian's going to be mad at me for posting his age or not. But it is a pretty big deal. Last week, he turned 30! He's still trying to cope with the whole entering-a-new-decade thing, but I think it's pretty exciting. We didn't do too much to celebrate on the big day. He had class all day long and church meetings all night. But when he got home (around 10:00pm), we celebrated with a cheesecake dessert and a "Happy Birthday" song before going to bed.

Sadly, these are the birthday gifts he requested I pick up before he came home that night:

 Poor guy.

But the next day, I got a substitute for my class and we spent the whole day together as a family. We ate out for breakfast, spent the day at the dinosaur museum, came home to take naps (all of us!), then we got a babysitter and met his parents for a nice dinner in Salt Lake. All in all, a much better way to celebrate.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Brian!!

I turned 30 2 weeks after Zoe was born. It wasn't my best birthday. Then I moved to Gallup on my 31st birthday. Here's hoping 32 is the winner. :)