I often stand at the door, greeting my students as they file into the classroom each day. As my pregnant tummy's grown larger, the kids will sometimes comment on it, pat my tummy, or talk to the baby as they come in. It's a little strange, but my tummy really is at their eye-level so it's hard to avoid.
I've gotten some winner comments. But last Thursday's took the cake. First, let me tell you that I spent Wednesday night in tears because I'm reaching the stage where my stomach is so large and so uncomfortable that I really can't stand it (and I'm sure hormones are helping with my little meltdowns). But as I greeted the students coming in on Thursday, one little boy exclaimed,
"WHOA! You are WAY fatter than you were yesterday!"
And he decided to follow it up with another winning comment on Friday: "You just keep getting fatter and fatter every day!"
Kids are brutally honest. But luckily, what they say is usually so hilarious that you're too busy laughing to ever feel offended. Plus, it's the truth-- so there's no sense in fighting it.
4 comments:
Oh Dana I bet you're adorable. :) That is too funny!
Argh - being pregnant is delightful isn't it. I had a primary kid say to me last week, "that's your baby? I thought you didn't have your baby yet!"
Boy do I feel you. I've never felt so good as when a girl asked me at church when I was pregnant with Zoe if I was due at the end of the month. She asked me in October; Zoe was born in MARCH.
Yeah.
You are so darling! Kids do say some great things!! We love you Dana
Post a Comment