Here are some highlights from my summer break so far . . .
We took Porter to a local fun center place- he rode the rides all by himself. SUCH a big boy! I thought he'd cry, but he didn't. He's growing up SO fast.
Went mini-golfing. Porter's a natural!
Had a Memorial Day bbq with my mom & little sister. Brian & I spent the day trying out new pie recipes for the occasion- Brian made a raspberry pie & I made a chocolate cream. They were both very delicious and worth all the effort. The night before, my little sis and I had seen a picture on Pinterest about cutting a watermelon this way. So when we got a watermelon for dinner, we just had to try it. Isn't that funny?!
Porter spends lots of time outside now that it's warmer (don't know what we'd do without a fenced backyard!). Since he loves it so much, I like to put him to work watering the flowers & plants. He does a great job!
I just had to include a picture of this. On the last day of school, this little boy brought me a hand-carved knife with my name burnt into it. It really is SO cool. The other side is gorgeous too- it has more designs and says "I love you, Mrs. Nye." How thoughtful! And the thing is, I feel so hard-core now that I have this . . . like I could hold my own in a room full of scouts or something! Weird, I know!
4 comments:
Oh this made me smile to see Porter on the rides! He's so cute! What a thoughtful gift, the little boy gave you! I know you're a darling teacher!
Love you
Yeah for summer break!!! :)
And I just have to say...that knife makes our teacher gift seem a bit shabby!!! Oh well, G's teacher will just have to settle for my lame crafty attempts...no wood chiseling/letter burning for us!
We're visiting family in draper this week and I cannot believe how much happier everyone in my family is with a yard. We need a house!
I love the watermelon and that knife is awesome!
That's how I was taught to peel a watermelon that you are going to cut into chunks (like for a fruit platter) back when I worked in catering and in the cafeteria. You do the same with cantaloupes and honeydew too. Though I prefer to cut it in half first (hamburger direction not hotdog) and just peel two domes instead an oval.
Porter is getting so big!
Post a Comment