in five days, our little family will be grown from 3 to 4.
in five days, I'll be holding a sweet, little baby girl in my arms. So curious to see what she looks like!
in five days, Porter's going to see that the baby we're always talking about is more than a giant bump in my tummy. Won't he be surprised!
We are SO excited and can't wait to meet our baby girl!
Anyone recognize this location? We took a Sunday walk around campus- I love it when it's empty!
In the meantime, there's much to get done:
1. Pack a hospital bag (probably should've done that sooner, I know!)
2. Stock up on groceries and diapers (it's bad enough leaving the house with one kid- NO way I want to try running errands with two anytime soon!)
3. (related to number 2) Find out how people possibly get by with 2 kids. My day is FULL keeping up with Porter. How on Earth does that work out??! I know it must because I see several people with more than one kid. But HOW?!
4. Get a manicure.
5. Get crafty- I have fabric to sew some burp cloths that I haven't gotten around to yet.
6. Sleep- seriously all I want to do these days. Wish Porter took 3 naps a day.
7. Clean/organize classroom: my original plan was to have everything set for next year before the baby came. But I haven't had time till this week . . . and somehow I've lost my motivation (see #6). But that's still on the list because I'm not sure how I'll get it done when I have 2 kids instead of 1 (see #3).
4 comments:
Oh Dana! You look great! I am so excited to see another little Nye! Good luck with the transition. Like all transitions, after the uncomfortable adjustment time, I am sure you'll have things running smoothly. Hope you get sleep!
Oh my goodness, Dana!!! You are SO close!!! I totally know how you feel wondering how to do anything with 2 kids, but I have a little longer to wonder than you. You will have to post your tips and tricks so I can try them out in few months! You are so adorable...good luck with little Lucy!! She is sure to be an absolute doll just like Porter!
It is so exciting!! And don't worry, it only takes one or two trips before you get it figured out (how to do it with 2, I mean). I remember sitting on the side of the road, 2 blocks from my house, nursing Noah while Isaac was crying, but I just didn't know what else to do. Here's a tip: go back home and nurse there. The baby can scream for 2 blocks. :) Also. What worked for me (after much trial and error) was only feeding the baby when he or she wakes up, instead of when they go to sleep. That way when the baby wakes up, you feed her, and then go do your errands. That way the baby is full and happy and you don't have to worry about nursing in public. She can fall asleep in the car or whatever and you don't have to worry about her being hungry! I hope everything goes so well for you. Good luck!
Also. It took 3 kids for me to figure this one out: sometimes the baby just has to cry. Porter is going to need you too, and the baby will be okay if she cries for 10 minutes while you read to Porter or fix dinner or shower or whatever. Look at me! Full of advice. Sorry.
Post a Comment