Monday, April 14, 2014

Morning Conundrums

A while ago, I started doing a little morning devotional with the kids during breakfast. We have a manual for the nursery class at church, so I just glance at one of the lessons, tell them the main points and show them the pictures to go with it. Very short & sweet. At first, they loved it. But then one day, Porter started plugging his ears and running away. I thought with a reaction like that, we might as well just stop.

However, Porter still goes to the bookshelf by the table every morning and pulls the book out for me, finds a page he likes, and says, "You forgot to do our lesson." Then when I start the appointed lesson he plugs his ears and runs away. Morning after morning.

I am very confused.




1 comment:

landofnyedom said...

When Carter was little our ward was doing a challenge to read the Book of Mormon, so we read most nights. Well, Jeff was out of town (of course) and Carter was throwing a FIT because he didn't like the dinner I made. I told him he could go to bed without dinner, which he happily agreed to. However, once the girls & I were finished eating and started reading the scriptures I heard Carter crying in his bedroom doorway. When I asked what was wrong, he said he still wanted to read the scriptures with us. I let him come out for that. It soaks in somehow. Keep up the good work!