Thursday, August 28, 2008

How to Become the Teacher's Favorite . . .

On Tuesday morning (the 2nd day of school), I was walking around the classroom as my students were doing their work. I stopped at Braxton's desk when he said, "Mrs. Nye, look!" I looked-- and there was my last-year's school picture taped to his desk right next to his nametag! My first response was to ask him where he got it. He informed me that he had ripped it out of his yearbook the night before. Today was the 4th day of school, and it's still there. I can't help but laugh inside (and a little out loud sometimes) when I see it each time I pass his desk!

6 comments:

Rob and Juliann said...

He knows how to work his teacher. Funny boy.

landofnyedom said...

How cute! Ya, I will ask Cass what was in the apple. She didn't bring it home, but I thought it was cute too. Didn't get a chance to really see it since we got to school right before it started. :) Her teacher had a cute M&M handout at back to school nite 2...Make the Most of 2nd grade, with a different M&M bullet to highlight things to remember for the year, and gave us all a little bag of M&M's. (ex. read 20 min. a day, be on time, bring homework back on Fri., etc.)

landofnyedom said...

So Cass said the apples just had a note saying 'first day of school' and a gummy worm on them.

Anonymous said...

How cute is that Dana! Maybe he would love you to sign it for him! You are such a darling teacher, well you are just darling at everything!
Love you
Dad and Mom Nye

Charity Brown said...

That is soooo funny!

The Hunzikers said...

Okay, that is absolutely the funniest thing I have ever heard! How is your group this year?? My nametags look just like yours!