To anyone who lives in Utah . . .If you haven't eaten there . . . you should. (It's located in Ogden- right next to Brian's gym.) Brian & I ate there last night and I was overwhelmed with amazing food and drinks. I have never been this passionate about a restaurant before. But seriously-- wow. They're lunch menu averages in the $8-$12 range, and the dinner menu in the $12-$22 range. So it's perfect for a night out (or a date!).
My Favorite Entree:
STACKED ENCHILADA WITH CHÍLE RELLENO $16.95
We went to Sonora Grill last night only because I was craving this entree so badly. I love it. It just knocked mashed potatoes out of my "favorite food" spot. The stuffed chile it comes with isn't my favorite- but only because I don't like anything spicy.
Brian's Favorite Entree:
CARNE ASADA Tacos $13.95
I don't have much commentary on these b/c it's Brian's favorite. But I have had them before too and they were really good. It comes with a lime to squeeze the juice onto it. So good!

The Most Amazing Drink:
Aguas Frescas $2.99
Okay- I could probably do a whole blog about this drink alone. They make these drinks with fresh fruit and they do a different one each day. Last night the flavor was "Raspberry Ginger Lemonade." I have never had a drink I loved so much. It was sweet like a raspberries, then had a hint of ginger in the aftertaste. Amazing!! If it weren't so tacky, I'd bring several empty Snapple bottles with me next time and just ask them to fill 'em up. =)
Okay, as if I wasn't impressed enough by the end of my meal, we got:
Banana Split $7 vanilla ice cream, sautéed plantains, cajeta, chocolate sauce
I know $7 is a bit pricey for a dessert (at least I wouldn't usually pay that much). But after having this once, I don't know if I can go there again without getting it!
**If you go to this link, you can get a free dessert with any entree (through August 31):
http://www.thesonoragrill.com/promo.html
3 comments:
Mmm, THANKS for the shout out. We'll have to try this restaurant out!... now to find a baby-sitter!
REally looks extra yummy! Thanks for the review!
Yummy! Thanks for the info Dana! Troy loves chile relleno and I've never tried it and am always up for trying something new. The drinks and desserts you mentioned sound great too. My mouth is watering...
Post a Comment