Monday, October 20, 2008

Fabulous Fall Date

My husband has been putting up with my extreme giddiness and happiness over the arrival of fall. I love the decorating and the pretty leaves changing colors and the wonderful, slightly cooler temperatures. But along with being giddy, I also get strange urges whenever fall arrives. Suddenly, I have a strong craving for donuts and apple juice (not really sure why). I also have been pestering Brian to take me to pumpkin patches and corn mazes. Also, I start needing to watch my autumn time movies.

On Saturday Brian surprised me with a surprise "Autumn" date, incorporating all of the things I've been wanting to do. He took me to a haunted corn maze. That farm also sold pumpkins, so we chose out the best ones we could find. Then we went home and watched 'Clue' as we carved our pumpkins and ate donuts and apple juice. Our friends, Brandon and Marci, joined us for the last bit. It was so much fun!
We put a tarp out on our white rug since we don't really have a kitchen table! And, yes, that is Barack Obama's head above our tv. Brian bought the mask as part of his halloween costume- and what better place to keep it, right?!
Brian's Pumpkin:
My Pumpkin:
The last part of our night was spent standing outside in the parking lot as we tried to get a perfect picture of our jack-o-lanterns up on our balcony without using the flash. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun date! Wow Brian You did good! But the doughnuts had me wanting one really bad! Thanks so much Dana for all the help this last weekend. Tending Tre Baby and running errands for me! You are so sweet and always willing to help! Thanks Brian for helping Dad he got home after 8 and would not have gotten everything done without you boys!
Love you
MOm

Carrera said...

How fun! I love fall too! So which corn maze did you go to???? I have been looking for a haunted one and i want to go tomorrow!! Your pumpkins look great!

Dan Sudweeks said...

Good job guys, wished we were there to enjoy carving pumpkins with you. We miss haveing you guys around to entertain us old fogies.
Love ya
Mom Dad