Friday, October 17, 2008

Missing This Place


I have an unhealthy obsession with libraries (passed on from my mother I'm sure). I go to the library about once a week, sometimes to browse books, sometimes to check out old movies, sometimes to scope out the magazines I'm too cheap to buy, and sometimes just to read in a quiet corner.

I've discovered the Clearfield and (the much-nicer) Syracuse libraries. But every time I go to them, I come home missing the Provo City Library. That was one of the things I was sad to leave behind when I moved. The Children's Section was my absolute favorite. The whole place was wonderful, though. And I miss it.

I lived close enough to see it from my apartment:
(yeah, just a little obsessed!)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE the Provo library. I lost my job when we were still living in Provo and I used to walk there EVERY DAY. Just for something to do. It's beautiful! When I first started at BYU it was still just an abandoned old run down building. The transformation is amazing. The Clearfield library makes me want to cry sometimes, it's awful. At least the Draper library was new and had some real books in it. I was SAD when we moved here and went to the library the first time.

Provost said...

Hi Emily,

I enjoyed your photos of the old Brigham Young Academy building. It was also Brigham Young High School for many years, and I graduated from BYH in 1966. I now live in San Diego, and absence makes the heart grow fonder. The school library was also a place where many memories were built. I am a volunteer working on the website about Brigham Young Academy / Brigham Young High School, and I invite you to visit at http://www.byhigh.org/

Enjoy!

The Englanders said...

Hi Dana! remember me? I found you! haha. Cute blog, Im adding you now. Hope you are doing well!