Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Goodies

Several goodies came to us this weekend.

First goody . . . these books.
It comes in a whole set of 10, but I didn't have $100+ to spend, so I chose 3 of my favorites. I got the idea to buy these from this blog.

Confession: I bought these 3 for the color of the covers. I've never read "Cranford." Have you? Is it bedside table-worthy?


Second goody . . . these pillows for our couch.
On sale at Pottery Barn. I spent a whole week contemplating whether I should buy them or not. Finally, I sat at the computer to purchase them . . . and they were all sold out! Of course. I called the store in Salt Lake and had them set some aside for this fickle-minded girl!


Third goody . . . heaven.
This was my birthday cake! 3-layers of the most delicious chocolate cake on the planet. Brian had my sister pick it up from Magleby's Fresh in Provo. Yum!

13 comments:

Carrera said...

Happy Birthday to you! 2 days ago :) Love it when it falls on a weeksend!

Charity Brown said...

awesome, aweSOME, and AWESOME! 3 great things! Happy birthday!

Emily said...

Happy birthday! That cake looks aMAZEing. Yum. Love the pillows, and I'm sooo buying those books. Couldn't be cuter.

landofnyedom said...

Looks like a great weekend. And that cake looks divine!

Maude Beckman said...

Happy birthday! Those books are super nice and I LOVE jane Austen! I love the pillows too!

The Hansen's said...

Happy Birthday again to you! I am so glad you went with those pillows, they look so cute! You are so great at decorating!

The Blood Thirsty Vampire said...

I'm not sure about "Cranford" but I have read Elisabeth Gaskell's "Mary Barton" and liked it, though it was sad. :)

Love the purchases! So glad to have found your blog!



-Nicole from Camano

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana Loved the lunch and movie with you and Brian too! You sure had a full day! And no one deserves it more!
Love you
Dad and Mom Nye

danielle said...

those book covers really are lovely....i haven't read cranford, but we liked the movie!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

Happy Birthday Dana! I love the looks of the books! Sorry, I haven't read Cranford. Those pillows are way cute too. And that cake looks heavenly. I just might have to run out and grab a treat now. :) I will email you the recipe for mint chocolate grasshopper pie. It's waye easy and good!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

I meant way easy and good. I hate this laptop keyboard!

The Hunzikers said...

Happy Birthday Dana!!! Your books looks wonderful, your pillows are darling, and your cake looked yummy!!

Michelle Ogden said...

Those books are so cute, and extra cute by your lamp and flower...I don't even like those kind of books, and I'd contemplate buying them.