Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm Getting Littler

No . . . I'm not blogging at school . . . on my lunch break . . .

Today was field day. One of the 3rd graders (who was my 2nd grader last year) came up to me and gave me a big hug. Then he pulled away and said, "Mrs. Nye, you seem like you're getting littler!"

I started cracking up! Of course it's not that he's grown a foot in the last year and now comes up to my shoulders-- I must be the one shrinking! However, I think I'm going to assume he was speaking of my waist size. Yes, I'm sure that was it!!

5 comments:

The Hansen's said...

How adorable! I'm sure that is what he meant... you are tiny but I don't think you're shrinking! ha ha So guess what I did today? Moved into my classroom! Don't worry, everything is still in boxes but at least it is out of my house! I am so excited!

Emily said...

oh my hilarity! kids are so cute.

Maude Beckman said...

That's really funny! kids are such crack-ups!

The Peterson's said...

It is so hard when reality hits! That was a cute story.

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

That's so funny and cute! What sweet memories you'll have from being a teacher. I'm sure you're students will really miss you. And I'm sure that's what he meant... :)