Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yesterday

Woke up at 2am-- threw up twice. Paced the house, drinking 7up & eating saltines to calm my tummy down.

Fell asleep on the couch. Woke up late with a pounding stress headache.

Sobbed in the shower because I was so overwhelmed with everything that I needed to get done that day.

Got to school-- still planning the day when the bell rang. As a result, nothing ran very smoothly at all.

School's out- tried to write sub plans in 1 hour. Didn't make it-- I took 1 1/2 hours- and the plans weren't very good.

Cried as I drove to my Reading class (I was 1/2 hour late).

Fought back tears as I tried to focus on class & not think about the hours of unfinished homework due in my ESL class the next day.

After Reading Endorsement class, ran to primary presidency meeting (I'm the new 2nd counselor!).

Got home . . . and suddenly everything was better: Our baby bedding had arrived in the mail! Brian had all the boxes set up with a loaf of pumpkin bread (one of my favorite treats). I smiled for the first time that day as we set up the bedding in our crib, admired it for about 2 minutes, ate a slice of pumpkin bread . . . then sat down to work on our homework before going to bed.
I'm doing much better today. =)

8 comments:

landofnyedom said...

Sorry you had such a rough day, but I'm glad there was something good at the end of the day.
Congrats on your calling! You'll do awesome!

Emily said...

Oh Dana, I'm so so sorry. Days like that are just the worst. If it makes you feel better, I called my husband at 3:30 sobbing begging him to come home early today. Some days you just need it. I hope you're feeling better really soon. And if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I know I probably can't grade papers, but I CAN pass along some primary info if you need it. Not that you would, just if you get overwhelmed, that's all. :) LOVE your bedding!

Dani said...

I am so sorry! Days like that are not fun. I wish I lived closer so I could help out. Glad today was better...and hopefully tomorrow is great as well. Love you!

Charity Brown said...

Love the crib, LOVE the bedding!! Great picks!

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad day! And prenancy always adds that extra overwhelming factor. Well worth it though! I'm glad your day ended good! What a cute hubby Brian is. Those Nye guys are the best! LOL. :) That crib is gorgeous!!

The Perry's said...

That sucks when you have a rough day and that it never ends. How are you feeling these days? I feel like I haven't talk to you for ever. I hope things are going good and that your days get brighter.

Anonymous said...

My Sweet Dana! I wished I had known please call on days like that I can help out whenever you need me. The bedding looks so cute I need to come see it, and it goes perfect with the crib!!!
We love you so much, glad we have the same calling we can share ideas,or I can just steal yours!
Love you bunches!
Dad and Mom

The Hansen's said...

Oh how sweet! I am so sorry. That sounds tough. Your crib and bedding are so cute! Where did you get it?