Friday, January 15, 2010

Big Baby

That's what the doctor called this boy inside of me. BIG. Since the day my husband told me he was around 10 1/2 lbs when he was born and broke his mother's tailbone, I've been praying that our sweet little babies will take after their 7 lb 11 oz mommy. Sadly, it's not to be so. The doctor guessed yesterday that he's over 8 lbs already. She then informed me that if he can't get out of me easily, they'll move straight to a c-section. What?! That wasn't part of my plan!! I guess I'll just have to make sure he sticks to my plans and follows the rules once he's out-- maybe he'll take after his mommy in that way! ;-)

9 comments:

Charity Brown said...

Here's to hoping the doctor is wrong!!! :) My friend was measuring big and everyone thought she was going to have an 8+ pounder and the baby was 6 pounds 7 ounces!
My sis-in-law is due next week and is measuring "big" too. Her doctor has already told her that her baby is probably already 10 pounds... and so far no signs of labor coming on. Maybe it's just the season for big babies?
Either way, he'll be a cutie! Congrats and can't wait to see pictures! Good luck!

The Perry's said...

Don't worry. When I had Morgan my doctor told me that she was going to be a big baby and she was only 6lbs 3oz.

Emily said...

Dave was over 10 pounds and I was terrified too--even when I was giving birth the doctors and nurses were all "HE'S HUGE!" and on and on...and he was 7 lbs. 1 oz. Don't let them scare you. :)

landofnyedom said...

All I can say is good luck! :)I broke my tailbone with Cass and she was only 7 lb. 12 oz. At least you know he'll be tall.

Liz Morrill said...

In about a week, you will be on the other side.. you will have a birth story to tell!!

Enjoy the process!! (It sounds like you are in good hands and have a good Dr.)
even if it is painful... so worth it!

Love ya!!
can't wait!
Liz

Anonymous said...

Brian was 10 pounds 1 ounce so a little smaller than he said! Not sure how that happend since the others were 2 to 3 pounds less. So sorry to pass that down! But at least the baby will be healthy being born in this flu season!
We love you and can't wait
Dad and Mom Nye

BusyMama said...

Dana! I didn't realize we were expecting at almost the exact same time. If it makes you feel any better, it is possible to deliver a big baby without a c-section. Just get that epidural cranking and you'll be set. :) I can't wait to see pics. Hang in there!

The Peterson's said...

I hope he is wrong for your sake. They kept telling me Cairo was going to be big but he was only 7 lbs 8 oz. Good Luck!

Jenn said...

my sister's baby was almost 9 pounds... they just vacuumed her out! there are lots of options... and yeah, don't let those GUESS-timents scare you. they thought carsen was gonna be huge and he was 7 lbs exactly. good luck with everything. i'm sure it'll all work out great! cant wait to see pictures!