Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Forgery

The other day, one of my little girls (we'll call her Suzy) was jealous that another 1st grader got to stay in to read during recess. I explained that the student got to stay in because I had gotten a note from her mom. The next morning, Suzy handed me a sheet of red construction paper. Here is what it said:

"can suzy stay in from shana (her mom- though that's not quite how her mom's name is really spelled) Love Mrs. Nye"

It was written in made-up cursive and decorated with 4 hearts and 3 stars. Hmmm . . . all I have to say is that's one creative mother! =)

2 comments:

Charity Brown said...

Hahahahahahaha! So, did you let her stay in? :) She at least gets points for trying, right?

The Peterson's said...

So cute! You should be such a cool teacher, all the kids want to hang out with you!