Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Negative Nancy

I'm embarrassed to admit that my pregnancy can mostly be summed up as 9-month long bad mood. Case in point: I tried to take pictures each month so I could see the progression. Now, as I look back on those pictures, I had a scowl on my face in almost every single one! Isn't that terrible?! BUT as my pregnancy is getting close to the end . . . I'm determined to enjoy this time in my life and find the positives. Hence, this post! Here are some of the things I "love" about pregnancy:

#1- Expectant mother parking at our local grocery store. I can't even tell you how much I'll miss that parking spot!

#2- Everyday when I drop my 1st graders off in the lunchroom, one of my cute little boys says, "I'll miss you. I hope your baby has a good lunch."

#3- Cashiers, bank tellers, and perfect strangers who give me a huge, knowing smile and ask me when my baby's due. They give advice, tell me their pregnancy story, or just ask me questions. I know some people get annoyed by this, but I think it's sweet how caring an absolute stranger can be.

#4- Baby clothes. Seriously, there is nothing cuter than a teeny, tiny pair of jeans or set of pajamas.

#5- Being excused for every stupid, ditsy (sp?) thing I might do. Every time I make a fool of myself, I hear someone say, "It's okay . . . you're pregnant!" Soon I'll have to go back to being ditsy and people thinking I'm just an airhead!

#6- My sweet husband. Of course, he's always sweet- but since I've been pregnant, he's done more laundry, dishes, and household chores than ever. And I'm never allowed to carry groceries from the car to the condo when he's there-- unless it's a bag of marshmallows or something ridiculous like that. =)

#7- And finally, I'm trying to be grateful for all the other things people tell me I should be appreciating right now-- like getting more than 5 hours of sleep in a night; feeling the baby move; being able to travel light (no carseats, diaper bags, etc).

I'm a week away from my due date and we're dying to have the baby here. But hopefully I can appreciate these last few days enough to make for the past 9 months of moodiness!
Me, trying to look happier at 9 months =)

10 comments:

landofnyedom said...

Dana you are too cute! Don't you know after you have the baby you can blame the bad mood and ditsy stuff on not getting enough sleep? :) I hope everything goes well! Let us know if you need anything and when you have that cute baby!
Love ya!

The Peterson's said...

Way to be! There are some wonderful things about this time in your life! I hope all goes well for you in the upcoming weeks! I hope little Porter will be here soon!

The Perry's said...

Good luck in the up coming week! Can't wait to see pictures of your darling little one.

Misty said...

What a cute post Dana. Thanks for that perspective. I'll try and remember to think this way in a couple of months when I'm 9 months lol. Good luck with your delivery!

Emily said...

I love that parking spot too! In fact, the other night I was just about to pull in when a lady zoomed in and took it--and she was about 50. I was SO MAD. I parked, got out of my car, and ran to walk in the store with her and I go, "So when are you due?" She looked at me like I was crazy and I just kept walking, but we walked out at the same time too, and I made it very obvious that I was pregnant and having to walk three further spots than I should have. :) My pregnancy has mostly been a bad mood too. You're not alone in that. Good luck in your last week! Can't wait to meet the little man.

Liz Morrill said...

love the picture Dana!! you are so tiny... except for that "basketball" in your tummy area!!!
I hope all goes well... I can't wait to hear about little Porter and see pictures!
I love you so much!
what a blessed little one, with you as his Mommy!

danielle said...

One week! That is cra-a-zy!

Jenn said...

such a cute post! we're so excited for you (especially cam! ;)) can't wait to meet your little guy! good luck with your delivery!

Desiree P said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Anonymous said...

Dana you are always soooo sweet, i can't evem imagine you being grumpy. I love how you always find a way to look for the positive.
Dad and I love you very much