When I put her down, she's as mad as a hornet.
But when I hold her and start blogging to kill time, she's as happy as a clam.
And apparently when I'm wanting to be asleep, I start talking in similes!
I guess I can use this time to talk about my sweet Lucy . . . since she's the reason I'm up in the first place. Here some words that best describe our Lucy-Girl:
BIG
Lucy is one day away from being 4 months old. She's a big girl. I can't keep up with her. She's wearing 6-9 month clothes and she's in size 3 diapers. I feel like we're switching out clothes/diapers every few weeks. But we're grateful that she's such a big, healthy baby.
HAPPY
She is a happy, happy girl! She will smile if you so much as look at her. She smiles a lot. And coos. And giggles.
ROLY-POLY
She doesn't roll all the way yet, but she's pretty close. Whenever she's put down, the first thing she does is start twisting around. I think it's because she wants so badly to see everything going on around her, which leads to her next word . . .
OBSERVANT
Lucy is so aware of everything. She likes to watch whatever's going on. You can see her big blue eyes taking in everything happening around her and it's like you can tell she's logging it away in her brain for future reference.
SWEETSY
Lucy has many nicknames, but this one is my favorite. It's how Porter says Lucy.
BEAUTIFUL
Perfect, baby-soft skin. Dainty hands. Button nose. Big, blue eyes.
DISLIKES CAR RIDES
She shows off a decent set of lungs whenever we drive anywhere. Sometimes we get lucky and she'll fall asleep for part of a ride. But usually, she'll have a tantrum at least once on each car ride.
There are so many things I could tell you about our sweet Lucy. But she has fallen asleep and I am going to bed. Finally!
No comments:
Post a Comment