Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dear Journal,

 Lucy listening to our prophet speak in General Conference.

As I slowed down to listen to the General Conference talks this weekend, I realized something. My busy, busy life is flying by and I'm too busy sometimes to notice or remember all the wonderful things that are happening. I know this blog is a great way to record these things, but I often get caught up in thinking that I'm writing all this for whoever reads the blog and that each entry should be perfect, witty, and entertaining. But that's not why I want to or need to record my life. I need it written down so I can remember; so my family can remember. I want Porter and Lucy to know what life was like when they were babies. And I need to write these things down so I force myself to slow down to remember and enjoy the everyday moments. Things are constantly changing- Lucy is growing up with each blink of my eyes- and I don't want to take these precious days for granted.

So here it is. I will try (once again) to be better about recording our lives. But I'm going to try to remember that I'm doing this for us. Our stories might become boring and the photos probably won't be of stunning quality. But there's not enough time to worry about those things. This is our journal

No comments: