Friday, October 12, 2012

The Teacher's Children

I spend all of my days focusing on how to educate 48 six-year-olds. As a result, when I get home, Porter doesn't always get the educational enrichment I dream of giving him.

Ironic, right? He learned his letters and sounds from a Leapfrog video, for crying out loud!

And though I love to dream of the day I might be able to stay home full-time and create engaging lesson plans to use on my own children . . . that day's not here. So for now, I'll do what I can.

And that includes giant taped letters on the wall.


And while I must give a great deal of credit to the Leapfrog corporation, I have to brag that my 2-year-old is now sounding out the words in books. Well, actually he's just repeating them after me-- but it's still a pretty big deal.
I'm counting "Mat" from the BOB Books Series as the official first book he ever "read." (definition of "read": repeated the sounding out and blending of the first 5 words of the book before he lost interest)

He's such a smarty-pants!

No comments: