And what do you do with so many teaching supplies? Create a preschool room, of course! Does that mean I sit down and do regular, formal lessons with my children? Heavens no! But I'm used to having a classroom, and all my stuff was just begging for a classroom, and my annual back-to-school blues only go away when I decorate a classroom, so it seemed like a logical solution. I created a preschool area last year (at back-to-school time, of course). It was okay, but I didn't love it. So this year (around back-to-school time, of course), I gave it a major makeover. And I'm in love. Well, almost in love. If my house had wood floors, I'd be completely in love. . . . Well, I'd actually like a different bookshelf too . . . and the storage area could be prettier. Hmm. But I still love it.
Like I said, I don't love the look of the storage area on the opposite wall, but I am pretty proud of how much stuff I got stored into these nooks. Most of those bins are full of toys (this room is also our playroom). I got sick of so many toys being out all the time. One bin is full of teaching supplies. The shelves (on the left) and the drawers (in the first nook) are full of teaching tools. In addition to this stuff, I have 4-5 small boxes of files in the garage. And that's it!



3 comments:
It looks great, Dana! And great use of the nooks! How fun for you & your kids. :)
Oh.My.Gosh!!! I love this so I bet your kids are having a ball in there and learning so much!! What an incredible mom you are. I wish I was half as awesome as you are!
I pretty much dream of a room like that. My kids (especially Zoe) love to draw/color/do school-type things, and to have a little table just their size, with things in their reach...DREAM.
Post a Comment